Monday, January 18, 2010

American Honey

The first time I heard this song I fell in love with it!! It makes you think back to those days when life was so free and simple.. when there wasn't a care in the world!

She grew up on a side of the road
Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good, She grew up slow
Like American honey
Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey
There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summertime
And American honey
Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Tryin' to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey

Gone for so long now
I gotta get back to her somehow....to American honey

I had to post some pictures that reminded me of "American honey." Hope you enjoy:) Please disregard my poofy hairstyle and 'stylish' clothing!!!

Silly smiles after a hot, summer day while enjoying some corn on the cob...

Trying to follow in the footsteps of someone you will always look up to...


Time to feel the breeze blow across your face and enjoy the world around you...
Attitude and personality that passes down with each generation..
Love, care, and humility learned from mom & dad..

Being a helper to someone, even though you may not be the best at it..:)

And finally, remembering who you are and where you came from when life tries to knock you down!!

~JM~

2 comments:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Me again! Love your pictures. Being a helper when "you may not the best at it" and those hineys following "in the footsteps of someone you will always look up to" are my two favs. You are heard, your words. Sometimes a comment lets us know.

Ashley said...

Love this post! Sounds like a great song...those pictures were too precious :)