Wednesday, March 24, 2010

For I know the plans I have for you...

Lately, I've been dealing with some anxiety when I think of what my life will bring about in the coming year. I know it may seem like I'm getting a little ahead of myself to be thinking that far in advance, but when that is all you're talking about day-in and day-out of classes, then it seems to take over your mind. With all of the talk and changes going on in the education department right now, it feels that I'm going into a career that is completely changing (in an unpromising direction, in my opinion) and with job opportunities even more unpromising! I know that I can't resort to fear about my future, because my future isn't ultimately in my hands!! I know that God has placed this career in my heart for a reason, and that he has given me this drive for a reason. He has my steps drawn out for me, all I have to do is follow:)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my fav. vers. Love it!! He does know our plans... Keep looking toward him!!

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Yes He does! know the plans He has for you. And nothing, not a tanked economy, not a government, nothing is too big for Him. After all, it's ALL His to begin with. I read this earlier but wanted to come back and encourage you. ;-)