Sunday, January 23, 2011

Constant Struggle


Here I am, sitting in bed, with a million thoughts running through my head. I know I'm not alone in this struggle... people do it everyday, but I seem to be continually setting myself up for failure. Failure of not meeting my own standards. Sounds like something is missing, right?.... Where do I put God's plans in this mix of my own? Do I really think that I know what is better for me than my own Maker? It's a struggle each day I rise.. I make my own plans for my day, for my future, and I don't include God in any of them. I have all of these ideas or plans of what I want accomplished at specific points in my life and when I fail to meet them, I'm left feeling so empty and disappointed. I'm tired of that feeling.... but, until I learn to take each day as it is and look to my Savior for direction, I will continue to feel those emotions.


Please pray for me to give my plans to God, not just my daily plans, but life-long plans as well. I need to change my direction.

6 comments:

Chelsa said...

i needed this reminder. i'll pray for you. it's hard to let go and let God !!

Leah Robinson said...

Just remember we are His children and He loves us, even when we fail =) He knows we're not perfect! Praying for you sweetie!!

Ashley said...

God WILL give you direction!! The next time you don't accomplish something at a specific time just think of why that hapened. There is always a reason for everything and don't get your self down sweetie!!! We all need reminders and thanks for posting this to remind me:)

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you in hopes of you posting about an event that we're particularly excited about at Primrose Schools.

I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Anonymous said...

Jesus Understands...Jesus knows how you feel.You're under the gun at work? Jesus knows how you feel.You've got more to do than is humanly possible? So did he.People take more from you than they give? Jesus understands.Your teenagers won't listen? Your students won't try? Jesus knows how you feel.You are precious to him.So precious that he became like you so that you would come to him...When you struggle,he listens...When you yearn,he responds.When you question,he hears...He has been there...He took our suffering on him and felt our pain for us...Isaiah 53:4

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Brittany***From Grandma Armes...I have a book for you to read...(:Intelligent Living...Encouragement for young Adults to Live more Intelligent Lives:)