Thursday, April 21, 2011

On the first day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door and bark at anyone who comes near or walks past. I will give you a life span of 20 years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give you the other ten years back." God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, and make them laugh. I'll give you a 20 year life span." The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for 20 years? I don't think so. The dog gave you ten years back, so that's what I'll do too, okay?" God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves, and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a life span of 60 years." The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for 60 years. Let me have 20 and I'll give back the other 40." And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry, and enjoy your life. I'll give you 20 years." The man said, "What?! Only 20 years? Tell you what... I'll take my 20, and the 40 the cow gave back, and the 10 the monkey gave back, and the 10 the dog gave back. That makes 80, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You've got a deal!"

So that is why the first 20 years we eat, sleep, play, and enjoy ourselves; the next 40 years we slave away in the sun to support our family; the next 10 years we do monkey tricks to enterain the grandchildren; and the last 10 years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.




I found this on a website and thought it was cute and mostly true!! :) Hope everyone has a blessed Easter!