Sunday, May 1, 2011

Unknown Future

As I get closer and closer to my college graduation, I get a little more nervous and anxious about what's around the corner. Where do I go next? I really have no idea. I'm at a "fill-in-the-blank" part of life, except I don't know what to put in the blank. I'm graduating college without a job; as of now there will be no teaching openings for next year; I'm without the security of knowing that the next year will be any better, and I just told the guy that I thought I would one day marry goodbye. I feel so lost and down in the dumps about the future when I should be excited. I don't know how to be excited about the place that I'm at right now because I'm always the one that plans ahead...I know what I want out of life, but it still isn't here. I need to learn to be patient, but I'm not good at it. I have so many blanks, so many questions to ask...when to I get to find the answers????


Some pics of my graduation party:

My sis, one of my besties, and baby Mason at my graduation party
Some of my best friends from high school :)
I felt so, so blessed by all of the loving & supportive friends and family that came today!! God bless all of you!


3 comments:

Chelsa said...

congratulations on your graduation!!

take comfort that even though YOU don't know what is planned for your life, HE does! and it's way better than anything you could ever plan for yourself!

i know that's easier said than done, but it's true!!

hang in there! you're a smart and beautiful girl and you have an amazing life ahead of you!!

Abbie said...

Oh honey - I know exactly what you mean but I also know in my heart that God has your life planned out and it is the perfect plan for you! I struggle with "my timeline" for life versus God's "timeline" - but all this that you are going thru is making you the person you will be. You need this time of uncertainty...although I know that is so hard to see right now.

Just relax and lean on God - he will get you thru this time in your life. And when things start falling into place, you will be so amazed and so blessed. Britt - you have so much ahead of you and I can't wait to watch it unfold! You are such a beautiful, sweet spirit and you are already impacting the people around you so much. I love you and I will be praying for you - I promise this too shall pass!

Ashley said...

Congrats on graduating!!! I know for me it was a scary time after I graduated b/c you enter the grown up world. lol. But trust me things will start to come together as long as you work on them and trust in God. But I know you won't have a problem doing that b/c every time I read your posts I can see your faith and passion come through:)