Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Worth the Wait

I finally found him. Well.. I guess I knew I found him a year ago, but I finally get to marry him!! To say I'm excited is an understatement. He's everything that I wished for, dreamed of, and hoped for... but it wasn't an easy road to get here. I remember lots of sleepless nights, lots of tear-stained pillow cases, and lots of fear. In my mind I had my "life plan" all planned out. I wanted to be married by 22 and start a family by 25. As I drew closer to those years, my fear escalated. I feared that I would never find "the one" and never have that family that I'd always dreamed of. I was full of fear when I should have had faith that God knew my heart and that he would fulfill my desires when the time was right. Well.. that time is finally here.. and I can stand here today and honestly say that it was worth the wait. I wouldn't trade one heart break or one sleepless night because it all led me here... it led me to him. It led me to the happiest point in my life so far. I don't feel like words can truly express the love and happiness that I have with Nathan. He is next to perfect :) I know that life will have its ups and downs for us, but I'm not afraid because I get to go through it with him. For the rest of my life. June 20, 2015 can not get here fast enough!! I'll turn 26 next year before I walk down the aisle.. I never dreamed that I would be that old before I walked down the aisle. But I will be.. and it will be perfect.. because it all happened in God's timing.


1 comment:

Abbie said...

Yay - I absolutely LOVE this post because happiness is just ozzing out of your heart:)!!! I am so extremely excited for you & always knew you would find your perfect one! Congrats, Britt, no one deserves it more!!!!