Monday, July 13, 2009

Jim Miller Classic










Team Prayer..


Jim Miller Classic wristbands..

The tourney held 20 teams that consisted of 8U, 10U, & 12U. We got to welcome each team and explain why the tourney was named the Jim Miller Classic.

We passed out wristbands to each team player and coach... We went thru about 400!!

Mom explaining what the bracelets stood for..

Remember- forever & always.

Mom, Grandma, & Me

When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder- who stands a chance against us?

Dad's display..



I loved capturing the young ones gazing thru the memories..
Daddy's little girl- Baleigh Jalene Miller
















12 & under champs & runner-up... Barr-Reeve & Knox County Krushers.
Memories that will last a lifetime...

Describing this weekend brings me close to breathless. Words will never amount to Baleigh's "Angel in the Outfield" catch that saved the game, the pouring rain that was supposed to come,but didn't, or the win that we almost gave up on. I truly feel liked I was touched by an angel.. On the way home I saw the most beautiful sunset (it was too late to capture it all, but I tried:)) and it reminded me that no matter how far the east is from the west, I will never be seperated from the love of my Father and the miracles that He continues to bless my family with. As I looked at that sunset I pictured my dad standing in awe of Our Father and the weekend that He allowed to happen. Even though some days feel like years since I've felt the arms of the man that I miss so dearly, I know that I will never be able to outrun the love that he showered on my life, or the love that he will continue to pour on my life- no matter the coming months and years that continue to seperate us.

Thank you to all who were a part of this weekend! Your dedication will never be forgotten...

Loving you,

-JM-

3 comments:

Maria said...

What a beautiful post Brit! My family and I were very proud to be a part of the first annual Jim Miller Classic and look forward to the many classics to come to honor your dad and carry on everything that he stood for. Love to you and all your family.

Ashley said...

Wish I could have been there! I will be next year!

Amy S said...

AWESOME!! SO glad it went GREAT!!
love ALL the pictures.....you guys did an AWESOME AWESOME job--he is sooooo proud of his girls!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful memories-but most of all you heart Brittany! I have learned A LOT from you-and I am sure other readers have too!! BE BLESSED!! :)