Friday, July 10, 2009

This Coming Weekend..

I am sooo pumped for this weekend!! Barr-Reeve has decided to host an annual Jim Miller Classic Softball Tourney this weekend each July in honor of a man that absolutely adored softball!! On the Opening Day of softball, the softball board had my family to stand on the pitcher's mound, surrounded by many of our friends, teammates, players, and coaches to give a salute to my dad for the dedication he put into the softball program and to announce this coming July tourney. The tears would not stop streaming down my face as I pictured his face up above, wondering why all of this attention was being given to him. He was always the doer, never the taker, but this weekend, our love is going to be given back to him. I cannot explain how blessed I have felt these past 8 months to live where I do, and to be surrounded by the people that have been so perfectly placed in my life. I will never be able to thank you enough for the honor that you have placed on my dad's life, and the memories that are being made. Thank you for allowing my dad to live on... even though he will never die in my heart, it makes life a little easier to know that I am not the only one remembering.

**I'm sure I will have many, many pictures to post from this coming weekend!!

God Bless,
~JM~

1 comment:

Amy S said...

AWE How SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So neat--and what a great honor!! You guys should be proud!!! ENJOY and HAVE FUN--that is what your dad would want!!! Give your mom a huge hug from Jasper!!! :)

GO TEAM JIM MILLER!!! :)