Tuesday, August 11, 2009

25th Anniversary












It broke my heart for this day to arrive; a day that I had been planning to celebrate for quite some time... It's amazing how so many hopes and dreams can go up in smoke in only a matter of seconds- a part of me was taken in those seconds, a part of me that I will never get back. I want to go back, I want to relive, and I want to undo... but I can't. For some unknown reason that I will never understand, I'm supposed to go on. I'm being told to put one foot in front of the other and walk, while the one that taught me to walk is now missing. And after 9 months it's still hard; I still hurt, I still grieve, and I probably always will, but instead of always carrying the pain around, I want to learn to live again. It's going to take a lot of prayers, encouragement, and probably a little nudging, but I want to learn to live... only this time for 2! I want to stand for what he stood for, and build my life like he did- on solid ground.
Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad.. I love you both so very much!!
I miss you more than ever...
~JM~

2 comments:

Chels said...

my mom reminded me about how me and u talked about having a BIG party for this special day last year! I know it hurts, and I know it's rough, yet, I've never been where you're at. I'm so proud of you! Even though things have changed we can still celebrate! Celebrate the love, and within those 25years, we were blessed with You! I couldn't ask for more! :) I love you!

Chelsa said...

your post gave me chills. praying for you sweetie!