Tuesday, August 4, 2009

9 months without you...














We had our backyard engraved on the stone with Briona, Baleigh, & I, my willow tree that he planted in October, and of course our puppy:)




Last night marked the 9th month that you've been absent from my ever so different life. Sometimes I wonder if my heart will ever be able to love fully- without the fear of losing again. Everyday seems to mark a lifetime without you and there are days that the struggle seems suffocating, like it's going to pull me in. I know that I can't live in the past forever, but right now that's the only place my heart can seem to find rest. I still see you when I close my eyes at night, and when I wake in the morning. In my heart there will always be a place for you, for all of my life. I love you, daddy...
~JM~

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Wow, Britt - the pictures are amazing! I love the one of you in front of your daddy's headstone - and the one you took of your reflection in the stone. Britt - you have such an open & honest heart - and you are truely the most comforting and fun person to be around. Your sweet spirit is something very special - Max adores you and so do I! I love you, honey...and keep living life to the fullest in memory of your daddy!!

Anonymous said...

wow, it looks beautiful!

Chelsa said...

it looks beautiful!

thanks for sharing your heart.

Amy S said...

awe it looks great--neat that your sisters are on it--
praying for you!