Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

My Christmas was filled with lots of love, laughter, great food, wonderful family, and lots of presents! Although, I wanted to share my most favorite present with you- my memory blanket. This blanket is made out of my dad's tshirts that were special to our relationship with him. Of course, he had enough shirts to make tons of blankets, but my mom picked out just a few that held a significant meaning to us and our favorite memories of him. I thought this was the absolute neatest idea my mom could've come up with for a gift!! Many times it's easy to get wrapped up in the expense and number of presents that have your name written across the top, but someday those presents will tarnish, fall apart, and break into pieces. It will be thrown away and replaced with something newer, bigger, and more expensive. But this present will never tarnish or fall apart, because it holds some of my fondest memories of my dad while we were living life together, and that memory will never die, it will forever live on in my heart.
From the very top (left to right)-
A picture of my dad & I on our last Florida vacation together during a baseball game
The shirt worn while he & I coached together in 2008
Our last family picture taken during the summer of 2008
The shirt worn while he chaperoned and participated in my Senior Post Prom
The K&K shirt he wore everyday to work to provide for and take care of his family
The shirt I bought him on a trip to Paris, France
One of my favorite pictures of him and I as a young baby:)
His "Walk to Emmaus" shirt which was very special because he got to sponsor me when I went on the "Walk"
Another Post Prom shirt that he helped host
One of the many Barr-Reeve shirts that he had:) But this one was of my Senior year basketball sectionals that I cheered at (I'll never forget seeing his face in the crowds)
And finally a softball shirt, which he adored playing and coaching. The Gasthof team took many years to build, but we were finally able to bring home that 1st place trophy- I'll never forget his coaching voice coming from 3rd base or the huge grin on his face after we had finally won it all:)

Briona's blanket


Baleigh's blanket

Grandma:)


Wagler grandchildren

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!!!
~JM~

2 comments:

If Meadows Speak... said...

I've been following your journey for several months. What a blessing when you share the steps taken from tragedy. Thanks for allowing others to join you in it. Even it's from afar.

Brooke said...

aahh.. the gasthof shirt. i will always remember the true joy we all shared on that team.