Monday, December 7, 2009

Over the weekend...

The Cross wreath we placed on my dad's grave (his favorite)!!
Our family got some unsettling news on Saturday morning, my Aunt Ruth (dad's sister), was back in the hospital and not doing very well at all. They suspected that she had had another heart attack and her lungs were 3/4 of the way filled with fluids, so she was having a lot of difficulty breathing. As I walked back into the ICU to visit with her for what I thought may be the last time, I felt the tears start to stream down again and my heart was so anxious. It was such a struggle for her to breathe and all I could stare at was her chest rapidly moving up and down. It hurt me to watch her fight for life while I've taken so many days for granted, without thought of my next breath because it comes so easily... I tried to memorize the feel of her warm fingers, the touch of her hand against mine, and the eyes that looked so deeply into mine because I never got the opportunity to memorize the "last touches" of my dad's. This weekend was tough... I'm not ready to lose another loved one yet. I don't want that call telling me that a family member's life was taken again. These next couple of days will be vital to her health, so if you have some quiet time, please remember my Aunt Ruth in your prayers. Our family would greatly appreciate it:)

~JM~

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

thinking of you

Allison said...

I am keeping your aunt and the rest of your family in my prayers.