Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Did It!!

Briona, me, Jess, & Baleigh


My mom & I



My "little" sisters :)
This past weekend I spent my time in Odon, singing in a wedding for a couple that means a lot to me. And yes- you read it right! I actually got up in front of a large crowd of people and sang as Nick & Jessica's grandparents and parents walked down the aisle. I was shocked that I actually did it- I hate standing in front of a big group of people with so many eyes on me... I did not think that I had the confidence without one of my biggest fans sitting in the pews, but while I was sitting there, waiting for the wedding to begin, I imagined God rolling back the curtains and allowing my dad to have a little sneak-peek of me standing strong and singing with a voice that he had never heard before. I've never longed for something more... and as I turned my mic off and found my seat for the wedding- I saw it, in my heart I found his smile once again and my heart was only able to do one thing after that.....SOAR! :)
Congrats Nick & Jess!!!
I love you, daddy...



3 comments:

Amy S said...

AWE!!! CONGRATS!!! I got chills!!! HE IS SOOO PROUD OF YOU GIRL!!! KEEP THE FAITH!

Ashley said...

I wasn't at the wedding but I bet you sounded awesome!! Way to go! I know your dad is proud also...you are accomplishing so much!

Chasity said...

Brittany - you did a fabulous job! I hope to hear you at more weddings in the future!

~Jess's cousin Chasity - the bossy one :)