Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer thus far...

Lazy days by the pool...
Late evenings relaxing in the hottub...

Spending time with dear friends...

and tractor rides :)....
Lately I've been struggling with some things that have really been weighing me down and causing me to be in some pretty sour moods, but Sunday as I was sitting in church, flipping thru the Bible (dad's bible- we take it to church with us each Sunday) to follow along with Shawn, a few pages fell onto my lap (it's old, but i love it that way :)) and this is what I saw:
* I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us.
I have no idea when he highlighted this verse, but as soon as I read it I got goosebumps and I thought, "Brittany, where have you been thinking he is all this time?" It's so easy to see my life without him, and it's even easier to forget where he is because all that I see is my life without him and the empty places in my heart. I need to start picturing him celebrating in Heaven with Jesus by his side, safe and without pain or heartache.... but it's so hard. I just want Heaven to be on Earth!!
Words will never describe the way I miss you, dad.

~JM~

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

glad you've been having a good summer so far (minus the sour moods of course, but those are to be expected).

the story about the page falling out gave me goosebumps!!

Amy S said...

precious-you take your dads bible--you are in my thoughts this weekend