Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Prayer!

Last night as I was driving back to school, I got a phone call from a friend with some devastating news.. her cousin's dad had had a massive heart attack/stroke that left him very near to death. The doctors decided to put him into an induced coma, so right now he is unresponsive and with a family that is very distraught. They are not sure of the damage that this has done to his body and mind, so right now all the family can do is wait.... wait for a death, or wait and prepare for a lifestyle that will most likely have complications for the rest of time. They are hanging on a single word that could make or break a family... THis news did not settle well within my heart because without even closing my eyes, I could see myself walking through those double doors and hearing the news that took me to the floor like it was yesterday. I could hear the cries of pain and anguish.. and my heart hurt all over again because -at that exact moment- I knew in my heart that I would remember those cries for as long as I continued to draw breath, just as this family will remember this painful time in their lives. It's so easy to live off of the question, "Why?" And my answer, just as this family's answer, is unknown, just as it will be 50 years from now.

Please remember to keep this family in your prayers as they struggle through this rough time... I'm sure they will have many dark days ahead...

~JM~

No comments: