Monday, October 5, 2009

Amazing God

How can a year come to pass without the love of one you need so much... while some days seem to tick minute by minute, others pass with the blink of an eye. I can't explain the heaviness that has been laid on my heart to know that the anniversary is looming ahead of me in a few weeks. It seems like yesterday I was holding on to the hands that I had to let go of forever and in a few tomorrows it will become a distant memory that gets harder and harder to reach. My heart is fighting of what I need to let go of, and what I want to hold on to.

I had a really neat experience that happened to me over the weekend.. As I was sitting beside my dad's grave one evening, I noticed the quiet of the world, the harshness of the wind, the strike of the wind chimes we placed beside his tombstone, and the dark of night...and in that moment I felt so alone, like I was hurting without a nearby soul around to know an ounce of my loss.... and right that second, the wind picked up speed, the wind chimes completely stopped, they didn't even sway, and I felt this overwhelming peace like I could've reached out and touched it- my heart became still because all I could feel was that peace surrounding me in a love that knew no end. I keep forgetting that God feels and knows our pain no matter where we are; I will never be alone in my suffering even though it's very, very tough most of the time...

I found this song called Peace Be Still by Rush of Fools that I absolutely love!! Here are some of the lyrics:

Come to Me,
you who are weak
Let My strength be yours tonight
Come and rest,
let My love be your bed
Let My heart be yours tonight

Peace be still,
Peace be still
Please be still and know that I am God

~JM~

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Brittany, I know you and your family have had a rough year....you are brillant person and have had to grow up so fast...I truely admire you...You are wise beyond your years...God is so amazing! I have felt that same peaceful feeling and you know now you will be able to move foward...I know that sounds crazy, but it is like you know everything will be ok! Your love for your dad will never fade...You have so many good memories...I think and pray for you guys often. God Bless you!

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

You are a beautiful person. Praying that the peace that only God can give, continues to surround you. Love and Prayers to you and your family.