Thursday, March 5, 2009

Birthday pics/ Spring Break

Spring Break is finally here and I could not be more ready!!! I'm heading to Florida tomorrow night after the game with 4 wonderful girls... We've been anticipating this trip for what seems like years, but it's finally about time:). Please pray that we have a safe trip there and back, and that I can trust God to take care of my family while I'm away. I haven't been away from them this long in awhile, but I know we have many friends to watch over them while I'm away! My little sisters take up so many of my thoughts these days, I love them with every inch of my heart and I pray each night that I can provide enough love for them for me and for dad... He was always so worried about his girls!!

We have tough times ahead of us-- softball season is right around the corner and standing on that field without him will suck the life right out of me. Softball was his sport... he was on that field allll summer long coaching, umping, working concessions, and remodeling. I don't know how the softball board will ever find another person to fill in all that he did, it's next to impossible. I'm planning to help coach Baleigh's team again this year. Dad and I coached together last year, so this year I feel the need to stand in place for him- that's where he would want me to be.


Here are some pics from my 20th birthday bashes:

Dad, I never imagined celebrating a birthday without you. I missed you with every breath and always will. You filled me with so much life and spirit and I know you would still want me to live life to its fullest, but it's like pouring salt on an open sore and telling me to smile thru the pain.... my sore is just as big as it was the day you left me. I miss you so much...

~JM~

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

hey brit! hopefully you'll be my coach too this summer! i can't wait to be out there playing for him..=]
love you brit!
-kirsten