Monday, March 23, 2009

Eventful Monday!

This afternoon after school was our very first Jr. High tennis practice! Amy and I were a little nervous going into it... I hadn't touched my tennis racket in over a year, so I was a little rusty :) but as soon as I held that racket in my hands, the love of tennis came rushing back to me!! Tonight was all about patience, but I enjoyed every single minute of it!!! As soon as our practice was over, I had to hammer down in order to make it to my night class at USI. I unloaded the girls at home (they stayed with me after school so mom could work later) packed my things, and drove to Evansville. Upon my arrival, my roommate called me with some scary news. Around 4 p.m., all of the fire alarms went off on the USI campus. Everyone assumed that it was just a drill, so many of the classes just stayed in the building. After a few minutes of the bells not being shut off, the classes evacuated and everyone was wondering what in the world was going on!! After some time outside, the news was finally let out... there had been a bomb threat! That was not exactly comforting news, knowing that I would be sitting in one of those buildings in a couple of hours. So as I walked into the door, I said a quick prayer, took a deep breath, and let my nerves subside. Nothing happened; everyone left campus safe and sound tonight. Praise God!!!

I found this quote while reading my daily devotional this evening, and I found it very fitting for the day that I had.

He knows when we go into the storm,
He watches over us in the storm, and
He can bring us out of the storm when
His purposes have been fulfilled. Warren Wiersbe

Reading this quote brings hope to my current storm because I know that it is all for a purpose. I would never have chosen a time for my dad to leave me... and I had to think that whether his age be 51 or 101, I would still have to go thru this exact storm. To be completely honest, this storm is brutal, aching, hurtful, and long; there are nights that seem like the tears will never stop pouring down and morning will never come, but I always wake up with new day laid out in front of me, because God wants me to keep climbing to find life again. There will still be many, many days that his loss will bring me to my knees, and I'll weep for what seems like hours, but deep down in my heart I will always know that God's plan is perfect, and nothing can take me away from Him, not even the days when it feels like going on is hopeless.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. (John 14:27)

~JM~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brit, I continue to lift you & your family up in prayer. I came across this while reading about a little 3 yr old boy from Linton, who is losing his battle with brain cancer. His parents brought him home so he can live the remainder of his days at home with them and his brothers.

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Refrain
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.
Ev'ry step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter;
Ev'ry cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eyes,
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky.
I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,
Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered with His blood.

May God richly bless you today and always. And keep hanging on to His hand. He will get you through this storm.
Lynn