Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life


So many times during the last four months, I have been questioned from my friends at school as to why I always come home on the weekends. I want to explain to them that life dramatically changed for me four months ago and because of that, I have also had to change. I am no longer only concerned about the future of my life, but also the future of my two little girls. I must admit that life in the past four months has opened my eyes to the responsibility of having children. Even though these two precious girls are not my own, I feel that they became my own after my dad was taken to heaven. I want them to have all of the opportunities that I was given with two parents, and I know I will never come close to the shoes that my dad filled, but at least I can be there to celebrate their lives with them. It's amazing how much laughter and joy two young lives can bring to my life. When I'm feeling down, I remember the lives that God has blessed me with and how precious life is. Every night I pray for God to give my girls the strength to remember all of the memories of our daddy. They're so young and I fear that day by day they will forget more and more. I find myself always bringing him into conversations because I want his memory to stay alive in us forever. The influence of a father's love to his daughters is like rain for the grass. It needs rain in order to grow. And because of this reason, I pray that his love will never die in us; as a matter of fact, I know it never will, because his love is the reason I wear this smile on my face.


Please continue to pray for us three and my beautiful mother.. the road ahead of us is still a very long one.
Briona & Baleigh were in a Gym Rats tourney this weekend in Jasper. That's where most of our weekend was spent :) Both teams did amazing!! I am very proud of my girls :)

Today, I went riding with a few friends and we got to be a little adventurous! We had a good time :)

No comments: