Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Verses

What do you do when sooo many emotions run thru your head on a daily basis? One minute I can be smiling and enjoying life, and the next minute I feel overwhelmed with a since of loss and emptiness. Today is one of those days that I miss my old life; the happiness, the care-free spirit and freedom that I once knew feels like it was only part of a long ago dream. A few months ago, the future held every dream, and I couldn't wait to live it. But now, it seems to be coming too fast while my feet are still stuck in the past and I just want it all to stop, even if it's only for 2 seconds, just let me take a breath!!

I decided to look up some verses to go along with the emotions that have been in my heart for the past couple of months:

1. Fear:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God" (Isaiah 43:1-3).

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

2. Anxiety:

(Phillipians 4:6-7) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3: 5-6)

3. Loss:

For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love. (Lamentations 3:22-26; 31-32)

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

(Revelation 21:4) He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

~JM~

3 comments:

Ali Gish said...

Sweet Brittany, I know our loss was totally different, but I feel those exact three things. These verses bring much comfort to me as well. I still pray for you and your sisters and your mom. I think about you all a lot. Thanks for sharing the verses! :)

Sue said...

II Cor 4: 7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. This verse came to my mind today when I read your post. God allows us to go through really really hard times but this verse promises that He will not let His children be crushed, abandoned or destroyed. I'm so glad you are going to His Word for comfort. Keep trusting and allowing God to comfort, guide, heal and even carry you at times.

Chelsa said...

i've been reading your blog for awhile now, but have never left a comment... our losses are different, but isn't every loss really the same? i have those same feelings, one minute i'm smiling and the next i'm wanting to cry. all of these verses you put on this post are ones that i am clinging to right now. i'll be praying for you.