Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Cassondra, Courtney, & Derek

4 generations of family! Great-Grandma Gingerich, Grandma Wagler/Armes, Jamie, Janice, Janell, and all of the grandkids :)


The grandmas and the grandkids!Great-Grandma & her great-grandchildren!

Baleigh, me, & Courtney
Mother's Day was wonderful!! Our family ate lunch at the Montgomery Park, and then came to our house for the rest of the day and evening! Today was one of those days that I just felt completely blessed inside and out. I have the strongest, loving family anyone could ever ask for. Thank you, Lord, for our health, love, and the sunshine... I felt my dad smiling down today. It is so easy to overlook the blessings that I have been given, and dwell on the negative side of things. On the days that I am broken, I let the hurt take over me and beat me down- on those days everything seems hopeless, like I'm still fighting for something that has already been lost. But days like today build my strength. I have to learn to let go, and let God. Letting go is something that I have never been good at- I want hold the reigns and steer my life in the direction that I think it should go, but on days like November 3rd I remember that I am only a passenger. God should be the one holding the reigns for my life, not me.
I hope everyone had a blessed Mother's Day!! I love you, Mom!!!!
~JM~

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

thanks for your sweet and encouraging comment on my post!

Allison said...

Hey Brittany it's Allison. Just wanted to let you know that I added myself as a follower to your blog.