Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Bucket List

1. Learn to play the guitar. This has always been a dream of mine and I hope that it will finally become true this summer!


2. Travel to other countries. I traveled to France & Spain my sophomore year of high school, but I feel that I wasted the opportunity because I was too young to actually appreciate what I was seeing. I'll make up for it one of these days! :)


3. Read the Bible from beginning to end. I've tried reading Genesis to Revelation before but I always get stuck in the middle and end up reading passages out of order. I know that as long as I'm reading I'm still getting the message- I just think it would be cool to say I actually did it!


4.Visit all 50 states! This one may take a little longer than the rest, but again, just the fact of saying I've visited every state in the country has always been a dream of mine! I've been to 14- I've still got a ways to go! :)


5. Do mission work! I love the feeling of laying down at night and feeling like I've actually made a difference in a life, no matter how small. I've done some mission work in Alabama, Arizona, & Illinois and I fell in love with it!


6. Find a teaching job close to home- preferably B-R :)! 2 more years and I'll be more than ready to begin my career.


7. Raise a family. One glance at a chubby-cheeked smile and my heart is stolen! I've always dreamed of having a big family :)


8. Swim with dolphins. Dolphins are by far my favorite animal in the world! They always seem to free my spirit, take my worries away, and remind me of the beauty of God's creation.


9. Go horse-back riding on the beach. When I see this in movies, I get so jealous!! It looks so fun!


10. Ride in a hot-air balloon.


11. Finish my journal/book. I started this journal when I was 18 and I basically just started out by writing down my favorite verses, quotes, dreams and stories. Then I started writing some family history and the mistakes of my past. It's really helped me to understand who I am as a person and what I want out of life- I've been able to find myself by sharing my heart. I hope that one day I can pass this on to my children so that they may understand what life is all about, and maybe learn from my mistakes! :)


12. Study my family history. Family history has always intrigued me! I think I started making my first family tree when I was in Jr. High- I know I'm weird:) But I've recently borrowed a few HUGE books from my grandma about the Wagler Family History, and hopefully I can find a few from the Miller side soon. I love understanding how life was like back then, who they were, and where I came from- so interesting!!!




As I was laying down the other night, thinking about dad of course, I remembered him talking about the movie, The Bucket List, and how it portrayed the fact that life is short and that we only get one chance to live it, so why not live it to its fullest. I can look back on my life and honestly say that in some things I have only given 50% of my heart in what I do; He have 150%. And as I realized that fact, I wanted that 50% life no longer. I want to be more like he was. It's amazing that while he was here I always admired the way he lived his life, but I never completely put my heart into things the way he did, and now that he's gone I want nothing more than to be exactly like him. I don't want to look back on my life one day and wonder why I didn't make the best of things while I had the chance, so I decided to write down the dreams I've had for many, many years- and I have finally decided to go after them. Although he may not be here to help me accomplish my dreams, he will always be a part of them as long as I have breath- and no matter what people think about me or how rocky the road gets, I know that nothing will be able to separate the bond that we'll always share in my heart. And if I've learned anything from this big mess I have learned this- He lived one heck of a life:)!!





This was one of the best vacations we took with my mom's side of the family! (June '07)


I love you daddy,

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Great, great list, Britt:) I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar!!! I have swam with dolphins - which was super cool and I hope you get the chance one day! Really, I just loved all of the list:) Hope all your dreams come true, sweetie:) Love you!!

Chelsa said...

great list! :) what a good idea-- i love that movie, but never really thought about making my own list. i too know that sometimes i do things, but my mind is elsewhere and i'm not putting 100% into it.

Tera said...

Alex and I have been making a Bucket List for us and our family too. As for reading the Bible all the way through...here's a trick I have that makes it easier... Start in Genesis, Matthew, and Proverbs. Read one chapter from G & M and then one or two verses from Proverbs. It helps to break up the old and new testaments and gives you daily wisdom along the way. :) Good luck with your list!!