Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Sister, My Friend


Summer is finally here for me- I've been waiting on this day for way too long! Being home and with my family is where my heart is and always will be. Now I understand why I was blessed with such a loving and devoted family- God knew that us girls would have to go on without the only man in our lives, and how we'll ever make it, I don't know. Life just isn't as joyful anymore, and some of my heart feels like it will never heal, no matter how much time passes by. One special day I will know the reason- that's all that I can fall on for right now. But for the time being, I have two very special girls that God has so kindly blessed me with; they bring the biggest smile to my face and I love them with every inch of my heart. Spending the summer running around with them and my mom will be wonderful :) this is what I've waited on for the past 6 long months of my life. I found this beautiful poem that I thought I would share and dedicate to the sunshines of my life :)!

My Sister, My Friend

by Leanne Stiegman

To me you are an angel in disguise,

full of intuition, intelligent, and wise.

Always giving, helping me thru the good and bad-

you are the best friends I have ever had.

If I had one wish it would surely be,

to give you as much as you've given me.

Though I've put our relationship through some cloudy days,

you've been my sunshine in so many ways.

Through trials and tests, right by me you stood,

and gave me your hand whenever you could.

Thank you so much my sisters, my friends,

my love for you both will never reach an end.

The picture above is going to be engraved on my dad's tombstone- my mom had the neat idea!! I'll add a picture of the stone when it's finished, although I wouldn't mind if it took them a little longer than normal to complete it...

~JM~

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

i love how you and your sisters love each other so much! that picture will look great on the stone. they just set andon's last week and we went to see it this past week... it was hard.