Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Address in the Stars/ Lucky Man

I stumbled across your picture today- I could barely breath. The moment stopped me cold, grabbed me like a thief. I dialed your number, but you wouldn't be there. I knew the whole time, but it's still not fair... I just wanted to hear your voice, I just needed to hear your voice.
What do I do with all I need to say?? So much I wanna tell you everyday. Oh it breaks my heart, I cry these tears in the dark. I write these letters to you, but they get lost in the blue,
'Cause there's no address in the stars...

Address in the Stars- Caitlyn & Will

With Thanksgiving coming up, I started thinking about thankfulness and how easy it is to forget about all that we have and how lucky we really are. Last night as I was driving home, I heard this song by Montgomery Gentry, and for some reason it reminded me of my dad so vividly. It seems that every verse in the song related to him, or he'd said it himself. One thing that I always loved about him was his knowledge of what he had. Yes, there were many days when his thoughts were caught in "paying this bill, saving for our schooling, fixing this, or having to buy that," but at the end of the day, when he would come in from working outside, he would always wrap his arms around us, find our smiles, tell us how special we were, and like a lightbulb, a soft smile would appear on his face almost as if he were thinking, "Man, look at what all I have; I'm a pretty lucky guy."

In his dedication- "Lucky Man" by Montgomery Gentry
*(make sure your volume is turned on:))

No comments: