Thursday, December 4, 2008

Prayer Request

Every night I pray that this pain will start to lessen. My heart aches with every beat that it makes... To say I miss him like crazy would be an understatement. I'm so sick of complaining about my broken heart, but I don't know what else to say. My dad fills every thought that I have... he consumes me every day. And even though I wouldn't have it any other way, I'm at a complete loss with myself. I know his life is something that I will never get over- I will live off of his memory every day.. but right now, that is not enough. I want him- his touch, his embrace, his voice, his LIFE!! That's all I want. I want my family back, my whole family..... So whenever you get some extra time during your day, please say a little prayer for me, and for my family. God bless all of you...


But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. -Isaiah 40:31

2 comments:

silky75 said...

Britt my heart goes out for you and your family!!! You know God will never give you more then you can handle. Sometimes it feels like it. If there is anything I can ever do for you or the family, feel free to call dear. I am here you. Look up dear, there is where your strenght comes from. Later

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Brit.
I know that you don't know me very well, but I am one of your moms meanest cousins, and was a very close friend to your dad. Although I haven't been around him for like 18 years. Oh, I saw him at family gatherings and every once in a while in public. But we were pretty close at one time.
Brit you have every right to hurt, and to want your dad back. It's only natural. God will guide you thru the darkest of days. And the brightest. As silky75 said God will never heap anything on you that you cannot handle.
I'm getting to know you thru your blogs, and I can see why your dad was so proud of you. You are a very special person. With a huge heart. And thats exactly the way God made you. He made you in his own image. And he knows you are hurting. And he knows you will heal. It will take time, but you will heal.
I'm probably the last person to give you any advice. But know this I love your mom and you girls very much. And you are constantly on my mind.
Keep your head up, and don't forget that your dad would want you to go full steam ahead to your next goal, whatever that may be.
I am new to this blog thing, and you are becoming a real inspiration to me. You have what I want. A great and wonderful way of putting into words what God would have you to say. To give to others what they might need for the day.
Tell your mom and sisters I love them, and I will get around to see them.