Tuesday, December 2, 2008

He is not mine, but Yours

Right now I'm at a loss for words. God has placed so many loving, faithful people in our lives that have blessed us in ways we will never be able to explain. All of the flowers, gifts, meals, the cards that are still coming, the prayers still being said.... I feel unworthy of all of this love!! At times it is hard to accept what everyone has done, or is still doing for us because I want to be able to repay you for the love & support that you have given. I pray that someday I will be able to show all of you the love that you have shown our family. May God richly bless each and every one of you for all you have done...

Tonight as I was reading my new daily devotional that I received from a wonderful friend and cousin, I allowed myself to flip back a month to November 3. The title said, Above and Beyond Our Circumstances. And just below was a verse that was a little tough to read. From Job 2:10 it reads, We take the good days from God- why not also the bad days? Well before November 3rd, I had my life all planned out. I wanted to do this by a certain age and accomplish this a little later, but when I look back, I noticed that I never once had a 'bad day' penciled in my schedule. So many times in life, we take for granted the good days and blame God for the bad- trust me, I am so guilty of this!! Losing my dad has been so hard on me in ways that some of you may not know. The hour that I never thought I would have to face came at 1 a.m. and it knocked me down to the ground. I was so angry with God, wondering how he could take MY father and this was not MY plan, he was supposed to be here for a much longer time because I needed him. Notice that all of the captiol words involve me. I was trying to control someone that was never mine- He was God's. No matter how much you love someone, you will never be able save them from death. That is God's thing. He gives life, but He also takes it away. And that has been so hard for me to accept. I know my dad is in a much better place and I would never want to take him away from that joy & happiness, but at the same time, I would give anything to have him back. I guess what I'm trying to say is this.....God knows the beginning and end and everything else in between. And though it may be a long struggle to accept things now, one day I will know the reason- and that reason will be good because God works for the good of those who love him. Please continue to pray for our family- we have a very long road ahead of us....

God himself will be with them; he will wipe every tear from their eyes. -Revelation 21:3-4

**"Oh Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" by The Judds was one of my dad's favorite Christmas songs so I figured I should add it to my playlist below:)

~JM~

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Dear Brit,
This was Abe's favorite song too, that's why we always had to sing it at the K & K Christmas supper.
Just wanted to tell you, your blog is such an inspiration to me. I know your Dad was very proud of you, I see soo much of him in you. And since you have all those wonderful memories with him, he still lives on in your heart.
Love & Prayers,
Lynn