Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It Won't Be Like THis For Long...

I've recently fallen in love with the new Darius Rucker song, "It Won't Be Like This for Long." (I've added it to my blog so if you've never heard it just turn up your volume!) The first time I heard it, tears rolled down my face and I thought, "if only I would've remembered this thru out the years." My daddy always knew that I wouldn't be young for long, but how was I to know my life wouldn't be like it was for long. Can I just have one more day?? I would give anything to re-live my years again... to have all of the world in front of my with my daddy by my side, but now I feel like the world is behind me and I'm left in the dark searching for something that used to be. I've never felt an emptiness this deep, or a pain so gripping- there are days that I could lay in bed all day and just cry... cry out for a life that was lost so early. I walk thru out the house and in every room I can still see him in my head, and I beg for the image to stick just once. I have no idea how I'm supposed to live the rest of my life without him...it's like a nightmare that you never wake up from...

~JM~

2 comments:

Ali Gish said...

Britt, know that I still think about you often and you and your family are in my prayers. I love that song too because when Copeland is crying or fussy or wild (as he usually is) I think of this song and tell my self, someday this will be gone!!! Love you girl!

Chels said...

I miss how things use to be too! :)