Sunday, February 1, 2009

Everything Rides on Hope Now...

As I woke up this morning and got ready for church, I was listening to a song called, Hope Now, by Addison Road. This song is just absolutely awesome!! If only I could rely on this song all the time, my world would not be shaken, but at times I let the other stuff in and it takes the better of me. How easily I have forgotten WHO I belong to... this morning in church, as the tears were streaming down my face, I remembered that I am not my own and I have someone to rely on- but to receive that love I must have faith. What I have really forgotten is that God has experienced the same hurt that I am going thru right now. For me, it is so easy to say, "You have no idea what this feels like," and go on with the pain all bottled up inside. Somehow, some way, my life is riding on hope...a hope that will be fulfilled when I can jump into the arms of both of my fathers that have given me this life as a gift....My Heavenly Father, and my daddy that I miss more with every beat of my heart.

I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
This love sets me free
When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm
everything rides on hope now
everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
This love sets me free
~JM~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came upon your blog by accident. I heard the song Hope Now in my car and in spoke directly to my pain.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I don't even know you, but you have poured out your heart and soul into this blog - and I truly can feel both your love and your pain.

Maybe we can pray for each other. The reason the song Hope Now spoke to me so strongly is because my son is addicted to meth and living on the streets and I am afraid he is not going to make it.

Stay true to your faith in God. He has you in the palm of His hand. Your father in heaven (both of them) are surely proud of you.

Julie