Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland...and Complete Chaos!!

This morning I woke up to a freezing apartment and a completely frozen parking lot!! Yes- I was one of the 60,000+ that did not have electricity!! My roommates and I sat in wonder- no computer, no tv, no microwave, no HEAT, no showers, absolutely nothing!! We thought we had a pretty good game plan- book a room at a nearby hotel and order in, but our plan didn't go as we wished! We spent 2 hours beating Kayla's car down from all of the ice and snow and recruited about 3 others out in the parking lot to help us push her car out! Success:)!! Only come to find out, every hotel within 20 miles was either completely booked or had no power- same followed for restaurants!! Well so much for that- I'm going home...only my car was stuck. Another 2 hours went by and mom had some of her friends come get me to bring me home!! Home Sweet Home:)...Unfortunately, USI has recently decided to have school tomorrow so I will be making the 3 hour trip tomorrow for one class- talk about dedication:)!!

As I was soaking in the bathtub and letting all of my frusteration out from this horrible day, I thought to myself... How many people in this world have to go thru what I went thru today everyday of their lives?? To me, this day was just considered 'a bad day' but to others it might be considered normal. No electricity, no showers, wondering where they may find their next meal...Normal?? I must admit that I have it pretty good; so many times I forget just how fortunate I am. So, as I snuggle up with my two little girls and momma tonight, I will remember how lucky I am to be blessed by my Heavenly Father. Say a little prayer tonight for those that are less fortunate than we are!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,
You are so mature. The gift of writing that God gave is so wonderful. You are so able to express yourself and get it all out. Your Dad would be so proud of you. I know I am. Thanks for keeping the momories of your Dad, my little brother alive. We miss him a lot. Every Thrusday at 11:30 I think, Is this the day that Jim would have come to get his hair cut. My clients that came in the same time he did talked about how he would sweep up the hair after his cut. I really appreciated that. Don't know if I told him but I'm telling you. I appreciated him very much and I appreciate you. You have a heart as big as gold
and a love that never ends. So you hang on to God and he will fill the big gap that is in your life right now.
God can make a way were there is no way. Keep trusting and beleiving!

Love You,
Aunt Lil