Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Dear Daddy,
52!!! Wow, you were getting up there:)!! You were always so fun to tease- I think it might've been that way because you were always complemented on how young you looked:). Either way, you knew how to laugh and I loved that about you.
January 13, 2008 came a day like any other; little did we know that birthday would be your last with us. If we had only known how special that day should've been- we would have made it all the difference, I hope you know that. You were celebrating 51, and we were celebrating your life with us. So this year, we will do the same thing. Every time I close my eyes today, I praise God for creating you, for your "birth" day. I can't imagine life with any other person as my daddy except you.
Daddy- you will never, ever know how much you really meant to me, and how deeply I miss you. There's not a day that goes by that I don't cry out for you- for you to walk with me just one more time. On the day you were taken to heaven, you took a part of me with you. A part that will forever mourn my life without you. That day, I thought it would only be right that the world should stop... because your life was taken. But the days kept coming and going, and I was left here for a reason- to follow in your footsteps.
The more I think about this day, the more I understand how special today is for you. It's your first birthday in heaven!!! And I'm sure this is the best one you've ever had! I'm not sure what God has planned for you today, maybe another water-rafting trip for you:), but whatever it is, I know it will be a lot better than anything we could've given you. God seems to do that a lot:) Even though today is your birthday, He also gave me a little gift today- your laughter. Right now I can hear your laughter and I see that famous smile on your face. Oh, how I miss that!!!!- but I must know that He gave me this memory for a reason.... To understand that although I ache for you with every breath and that I miss you more than words will ever be able to express, you are so happy right where you are. You are with Jesus and will never again have to hurt, feel pain, have tears, worry, or feel defeated. So daddy, here is to you and your beautiful day...
To my best friend, my inspiration, my encourager, my hope & dreams... to my father- Happy Birthday!!! May God wrap his arms around you and fill you with all of the happiness in the world- you deserve it. I love you with all of my heart & I CAN NOT wait to see you again... One day we will get to celebrate this day together as a family like we used to:) And don't worry, I promise to take care of mom & the girls... With ALL of my love, your daughter, Brittany.


This morning, as I turned the page to my daily verse, the verse written on this day could not have been more beautiful........
Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we'll skip and dance all day long!! Let your servants see what you're best at- the ways you rule and bless your children. And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us!
Psalm 90: 14, 16-17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you britt. You're an amazing, strong, beautiful girl. Never lose hope; you'll get to be with him one day. Keep your head up and stay strong.