Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend Update!

Mom's surgery went great! She was released Saturday afternoon... We both came home completely exhausted from the little sleep the night before!! I ended up taking a much needed 4 hour nap:), went to the girls' sectional, and came home to spend some time with my momma, aunts, and cousin, Courtney:)!!

Today was one of those 'tough days'. I can't even explain what it feels like to be eating dinner and blowing out my birthday candles at my grandma's without my dad there, standing among the rest... It's like a quietness that can't escape. As I was opening my cards, the tears came and I knew there was no holding it back. I sat there weeping, clinging to my mom with all our family's hands outstretched to us, and I thought how blessed I was to be placed in this family. It was such a bittersweet moment- crying for all that I've lost, but smiling thru the tears for all that I have been given.

Me, Bri, & Bay doing some outside work!!

My Aunt Janell, me, and Courtney at grandma's...

February birthdays... Tyler, Brittany, & Tyson Jay!
All of our beautiful flowers... I love our house right now!!:)

My mom and her two sisters...:)
Daddy, please be by my side on Tuesday, celebrating with me the joy of another year. I miss you more than words can express... I love you with all of my heart.
~JM~













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIT!!! THANKS FOR LETTING ME ENJOY THE SPECIAL DAY WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SUNDAY. YOU HAVE A LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR WITH YOUR FAMILY, THEY ARE THE GREATEST. I ALWAYS ENJOY THE TIME I GET TO SPEND WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL LADY AND I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU, FEEL FREE TO CALL ANYTIME IF I CAN DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!!