Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Believe

Lately I have found myself worrying about my life.. I have a fear of what's to come; a fear of going on and forgetting the man that I love with all that I am. It's so hard waking up, trying to hear the voice that I used to hear every day, become silent. I am beginning to forget... and that sucks the life out of me. If only I would listen for God's voice in the morning, instead of my own, my fear would diminish. I found an excerpt from "The Shack" about fear and it smacked me right in the face; I think this is what I needed to hear...

Do you realize that your imagination of the future, which is almost always dictated by fear, rarely, if ever, pictures me (God) there with you?

"Why do I do that?" asked Mack.

"Because you don't believe. You don't know that we love you. The person who lives by their fears will not find freedom in my love. I am not talking about rational fears regarding legitimate dangers, but imagined fears, and especially the projection of those into the future. To the degree that those fears have a place in your life, you neither believe I am good nor know deep in your heart that I love you. You sing about it; you talk about it; but you don't know it. -Jesus

I KNOW God is good, and I know that He works for the good of those who love him, but at times, it's hard to see the good.

~JM~

No comments: