Monday, February 16, 2009

Let there be Holes in the Floor of Heaven...


One day SHY OF the big 2-0

and Daddy's passed away

I was a broken hearted, solemn girl

blowing out that birthday cake

How I cried when the sky let go with a cold and lonesome rain

Momma smiled said don't be sad child

Daddy's watchin you today


'Cause there's holes in the floor of Heaven

and his tears are pourin' down

that's how you know he's watchin'

wishin' he could be here now

And sometimes if you're lonely, just remember he can see

there's holes in the floor of Heaven

and he's watchin' over you and me...
It's hard to imagine that 20 years have gone by since by dad was anxiously awaiting my arrival... If only he could see me now- how I've grown up in the past three months that he's been gone, he would be speechless. Believing that he can't see me now is like telling me to lose my faith, so I'm going on with the hope that he can still see me, still see my smile, still hear my laughter, and still watch me from up above. It's kind of neat to think that last year he only saw me blow out my candles, but this year he gets to experience it with me and hear every wish that floats up to heaven....I miss you so much.
~JM~


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well happy Birthday Brit. See I learned something else today. Its your birthday. I probably won't remember next year, cause I'm old, and I forget.
But for now HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
And you are right daddy is watching, and I'm sure he is still proud. Just as I am. Just to know you that is!!