Thursday, April 9, 2009

God it Hurts



God it hurts

I said 'God it hurts'

And God said 'I Know'


I said 'God I cry alot'

And God said 'That's why I gave you tears'


I said 'God I get so depressed'

And God said 'That's why I gave you sunshine'


I said 'God I feel Alone'

And God said 'That's why I gave you loved ones'


I said 'God my loved one is dead'

And God said 'I watched mine be nailed to the cross'


I said God 'Where are they? '

And God said 'Mine is on my right and yours is in the Light'


I said 'God it hurts'

And God said 'I know'...


Amy Louise Kerswell
I have been asked the question several times..."Why did you decide to start a blog?"
I started this blog because it reminded me of life... the life that I lived with my dad still physically in my life. I write because I want to remember... the small things, the big moments; I want to remember everything about his life and the struggle that I am still going through today. I write so that others will remember him and see the impact he had on so many lives; I write so my sisters can see his life from my perspective once they're a little older, and for my mom so that we may fight for life together; I write to express myself and to see my small steps; I write what is on my heart.... I write for all of those reasons, but most of all, I write for the ones that will never know him. I write so that one day my children will be able to know the life of their grandpa and understand the reasons I wanted him in their lives so badly... I write for my future neices and nephews, so that our dad will always be a strong rock in our children's lives.... And finally, I write for him.... so that I may always see his smile, hear his laughter, and feel his arms wrapped so tightly around me, no matter where I may be.
~JM~

5 comments:

Ashley said...

What a touching post! I am praying still for you and your family!

Kayna Clidienst said...

You are amazing..... Keep looking up for your strength sweetie and he will provide.

Maria said...

Brittany you are such a beautiful person inside and out. God has blessed you with the talent to express your feelings and love for your family in your blog. Your dad was an amazing person and speaking on behalf of our group of friends we all miss him very much and it really isn't the same without him. Keep your chin up knowing your dad is looking down on you smiling very proud of you.

Abbie said...

Britt - thank you for sharing your heart...tears run down my face for you because I can only imagine how deep you hurt. I love you, honey, and I'll keep praying!!

Creating A Legace said...

Brittany the picture of your mom and dad took my breath away!!! Today as I was cleaning I had the radio on and the music was so honoring to our Lord-Praise-Worship-Glory-Honor-My thoughts were drawn to Heaven and Jim, the hot tears seared my face, and my heart ached as I thought about him. Then as I opened your blog the picture just took my breath. One of my memories of your dad was how he always had you up in his arms carrying you, even when were old enough to walk he carried you, he just smiled and took you along. You have the memory of his strong arms around you in a bear hug...keep sharing your memories, it's a healing process for all of us.I love you girl! Have a Blessed Easter!! Aunt Joyce