Monday, November 10, 2008

E.X.H.A.U.S.T.I.O.N.

Today was my first day back to school, and boy, was it exhausting! Before I headed back to Evansville, I stopped by my dad's grave and I had a nice little chit-chat with him:) I would give anything to spend just one more minute with him, but I know if I had that opportunity one minute would never be long enough. It seems so unfair ( i know, i know- life is unfair) but I just have to ask, "Why God, why now?" Couldn't it have waited a few more years... There were so many things he didn't get to do, so many future memories turned upside down. The only thought that gives me rest is his happiness at this exact moment. And knowing that he is in heaven means so much more to me than my own selfish comfort.


I have never felt more exhausted in my life. Today, while I was tutoring my 1st graders, I felt like someone else was running my body. I felt like a zombie just going thru the motions. (Of course, they were the wildest group today:) But, I'm pressing on. It would be so easy to quit and let go of all I've ever worked for- what my dad has taught me. For him, I will accomplish everything I have ever dreamed about. Thank goodness I've still got my stubborness- and yes, that would be the Miller coming out in me:)

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
(one of my favorite verses)


I heard this song on the way to school today, and it made me think that no matter where I am, as long as I keep carrying my dad's love with me (his memory) he will forever be alive in my heart.

On a lonely highway stuck out in the rain
Daddy all I have to do, is speak your name
The clouds roll back and the waters part
The sun starts shinin' in my heart for you
Youre right there in everything I do...cause
I'm carrying your love with me

Me & Dad on Opening Day of softball (June 2008). We coached 12U softball together...what a great year!!!



Mom & Dad's 24th Anniversary, August 11, 2008. The little girls & I cooked their favorite foods- which included, steak & shrimp, and some "Amish" food:) One of my favorite memories...

No comments: