Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Vision!!...

This morning us girls -me, mom, Bri, and Bay- went to Providence with all of mom's family and then to the Miller's for lunch. Shawn did an amazing job on the sermon. It was titled, "Living with certainty in uncertain times." He basically reminded us that God is in control over everything, from our physical needs to the government to our very own circumstances that life takes us thru. Because life holds uncertain situations, we are given the opportunity to respond. Shawn talked about building your life on the right foundation, because when life pulls the rug out from under us, the way we respond is determined by the foundation we built our lives upon.
Anyways, I wanted to share an amazing vision my Aunt Sue had this morning...
At the Miller dinner this afternoon, we had a moment of silence just to reflect and listen to God. During this time, the Lord gave my aunt a vision. She repeated over and over that it was not her imagination, but God really placed it in her hands. She felt that God had laid this on her heart to share with us...
She saw my dad entering the glorious gates of heaven and the marvelous look on his face!!!! She said that he looked as if he was leaping with joy, with excitement filling him because of what he was about ready to do.. Enter into God's glory.
All I could think of at that moment was, Praise God- He is ever so faithful!!!

The verse that went along with today's sermon was this:
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Every day I awaken to see how very blessed I am. I was given 19 beautiful years with a father that loved me more than life- he was my everything- my comfort, my shelter, my provider, my best friend, my inspiration, my encouragment... and now my very own angel. I have a mother that is one of the strongest I know. She has a heart so big that could take this whole world in to love and comfort them; that is how she has always been. Her love for me is endless, and I am blessed to share a very special friendship with her. God has also given me two of the most precious sisters that I could never imagine living without. Not only are they my sisters, but on early Monday morning when my daddy was taken... they also became my daughters. I know I will never fill in the footsteps of my dad- my feet are WAY too small- but I believe they should have everything that I had as a teenager, and that includes two parents. To my friends & family- life without you right now would feel hopeless... Please continue to pray for us this week- it will be one of the toughest.

~In Loving Honor of James Miller~

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Oh honey...everytime I read your blog I want to run to you and give you a big hug!! I'm soooo super proud of you- for leaning not on your own understanding but on God's!!! It's so hard for everyone...but especially someone who just went thru a tragedy like you have. I love you, honey, and you are an inspiration to all of us!!