Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update on Briona's surgery


This evening, Briona underwent an abscess surgery. An abscess is a collection of pus that has accumulated in a cavity formed by the tissue on the basis of an infectious process (usually caused by bacteria or parasites). She has been in a great amount of pain lately, so we pray that this surgery will heal her in a short and pain-free amount of time. She is being kept overnight at the hospital tonight- the doctors want to make sure there is no bleeding and that the draining process is cooperating. She should be able to come home tomorrow morning if everything goes smoothly. Please continue to pray for her, she has been quite the little trooper!!!Right after surgery...

This evening at 5 p.m., I did something I NEVER thought I would do. Tattoos never really interested me, but the day my dad was gone I put some thought into it. I ended up getting his initials, JM, put on my right ring finger. Every time I look down, I am reminded of the father that will never walk on this Earth again. In my eyes I see the strongest man, with his smile that would lighten anyone's day, and his loving arms that could erase any doubt in my mind- I never want that image to fade. My dad will forever live on in my heart, but now he will also live in every move that I make, every hand that I hold, every touch that I sense... He will always be a part of me- and that is the exact purpose of this tattoo. It is for me; I did not do it to offend anyone, or to get attention. I wanted this to remind me that no matter where I am, he will always be in my life- in my joy, my sorrows, my success, my times of trial, and in every year that I age... His life touched me in a way that I want to live the rest of my days honoring his legacy that he left behind!!!

I received a card that had the meaning of James and it meant "Successor" - the verse that goes along with James is this: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:8) The J in my life will stand for success- for every dream he accomplished in his lifetime, and for every dream I accomplish in mine. My dad only knew success- the word fail was not in his vocabulary because he didn't settle for loss. Seeing this has taught me to go after life in full force- he left me with nothing but strong will and good courage. How blessed my life will continue to be just because he lived, and lived to the fullest. I guess God just needed his success more that I did- and one day I will know they reason why:) Miller stands for "a man wearing armor"- my dad had an armor made of steel!! I find the name James Miller to be amazingly fitting for the man that he was. God knew exactly what He was doing when my dad came into this world- He knew of the success and armor my dad would endure throughout this life. God also knew that one day soon He would bless our family with the opportunity to carry on the meaning of his life. James Miller did not stop living on November 3, 2008- his new life with God had just begun & his old life on this Earth will continue to be of success until my final breath.


Love always...

~JM~

3 comments:

The Lengachers said...

It's beautiful Miss Britt=) I'm so proud of you for getting in, it will definetly be an amazing reminder everytime your having a rough moment you can look at your finger and realize he is still with you. Hope your having a good week!!

JessGraceIz said...

Brittany, I found your blog through another blog and I wanted to say that you are so strong and I admire the faith you have in our God Almighty. I know that some people might not like tattoos because they leave a permanent imprint on our bodies, but your dad left a permanent imprint in your heart, so it seems suitable to have an imprint of him on your finger. Matt got a tattoo of a cross that he got after a close friend died, just to always have that reminder of our loved ones.

Jessica

Unknown said...

MACIN


HEY BRITT ITS MACIN !! I LOVE THE TATTOO U GOT ! ITS SO BEAUTIFUL AND IS A GREAT REMINDER !!! IF YOU EVER NEEDING ANYTHING THE GRABER FAMILY IS JUST 1 STEP,1 BREATH, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 1 CALL AWAY FROM ANYTHING YOU NEED !!!! TAILON MACIN KARLYE MARK AND AMY ARE ALWAYS PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!