Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Struggling...but there is a reason

This morning, I woke up with a bitter heart and attitude. Everything just dampened my spirits... I know that is not the way to go, but today I felt like life just down right hated me. I'm behind on homework (tons of it), I'm not home to be beside my mom and sisters, and I'm not in the mood to do anything, there's just a huge hole in my heart that should be filled with my dad. But as I was driving down the road (I found this new Christian radio station that I LOVE! 93.5??) this song came on that touched me and quieted my soul. It's called "There is a Reason". Everything on this Earth happens for a reason- God will give and take away, but it's all part of his perfect plan.

Late at night I wonder why
sometimes I’m so tired I don’t even try
seems everything around me fails
but I hold on to the promise
that there is a reason

He makes all things good
He makes all things good
there’s a time to live and a time to die
a time for wonder and to wonder why
cause there is a reason
there is a reason


there is a reason
for the lonely nights
and broken hearts
the widow's mite
in the rich man's hand
and the continent
whose blood becomes a traitor
for the child afraid to close their eyes
the prayers that seem unanswered
there is a reason
there is a reason


Mark & Adam came over tonight and lifted my spirits!.. We all watched the CMAs and were able to talk and just hang out- those can be the best nights.. After that we went to watch a volleyball game, and Lord, I must say I've never laughed so much during a game. The team consisted of a lot of boys I grew up with, and they don't have the slightest clue how to play! Anyways, I got the absolute sweetest suprise tonight... A beautiful boquet of white & pink calla lillies- and if you don't know me, I absolutely LOVE flowers:) I'll put a picture of them up!! To the good part: It has always been a dream of mine to learn to play the guitar. I have been nagging Adam to teach me to play a song, so recently I've been thinking of a couple of my favorites to try to learn to play. But since my daddy's been gone, the guitar had slipped my mind...until tonight. Adam wrote me the most beautiful song, and its titled "Daddy's Girl."


You meant so much to me
Loving me with all your heart
Nothing seems to be the same
Now that we're apart

I know you're in heaven
still watching over me
I will make you proud
with everything that you see

(Chorus) Always been daddy's girl
Changing that, I had no chance
I was your Cinderella
Someday we'll have our dance


Everyone's days are numbered
Who knew you had so few
Treasured memories now
are my days spent with you

(Chorus)

Can't wait to see you again
Heaven's ticket is one-way
until I am granted mine
in my heart you'll always stay

(Chorus)

Isn't that the most beautiful thing?? I can't wait to learn it:)!!!



I thought I might as well add some pics from Halloween. (if you can't tell- i've recently become obsessed with picnik!!)





So, tomorrow is a brand new day. My God already knows what tomorrow will bring- it's just up to me to follow His plan... He will work for the good of those who love Him:)

All my love daddy...



5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Britt..
just think off everything that has come from this tragedy.. it has brought soo many people together.. it's taught me & you especially a lesson. =] & i'm so thankful for that. look at our sisters & there friends. They are so hurt, but yet so happy to still have each other. I know you want to be home, but I promise people are taking care of your family while you can't! Mom was on her way to your house last night when I talked to her. She had a surprise for your mom?! I guess you'll find out when you get home. There IS a reason for all of this & great things are coming from it already. See you this weekend.

p.s. adam's song is amazing! =]
love you dear

Jackie said...

Brit,

Thank you so much for sharing part of you life's struggles. It takes God's strength to walk through the valley you are walking through now. You are right, for everything, God has a purpose. I hate you had to experience loosing your dad at such a young age. However, always remember how very much he loved all of you. I didn't get a chance to see you grow up but I do remember being there when you came home as a little baby. Your mom and dad were so proud. It was like they were floating on clouds. You were beautiful then as you are now. Remember how precious family is and how very much you are loved. Your extended family loves you as well, I think you saw a small part of this. Life is full of ups and downs but everything has a reason and God does have a purpose. Remember the Bible tells us to "praise God in all things". I realize that is hard to do. And, it is ok to be mad at God but don't stay mad. He DOES have a reason for this.

Thank you for sharing. You will and have already touched many lives.

Love,
Jackie (From Mississippi)

Abbie said...

Of course there are gonna be days when you feel this way...days when you wake up with an aching heart. Maybe more of these days than good days at first - but this is when God picks you up and carries you. When you can't even think about getting out of bed in the morning, God will be there to carry you thru your day - I love you and I'm praying my heart out for you and your sweet sisters...You are amazing, Brit!!

Julie said...

B, i love you so much sweetie! i'm so proud of you for keeping your faith in God through all of this. you will have your bad days, but you have so many people here that love you and are more than willing to put that smile on your face. stay strong hun!
love ya!

Michal said...

Hey Brittany, thank you so much for writing all this down! It will help others just as much as it will you. This post is beautiful! Please know that you, Briona, Baleigh, and your mom are still in my prayers!