Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love Letter from my Angel

After this dreadful month of November, I pray with all of my heart that I will never have to hear the words, ER, EVER again!!!! Poor Briona is making a trip into the ER right now (11:39 p.m.) She hasn't been feeling well these past couple of days- but after this visit I'm sure everything will be fine. Please say a little prayer for her healing in these next couple of days... I'm not sure how much more hurt my heart can handle:) I guess I've always had a 'motherly-love' for my sweet little girls- every time they hurt, I ache...

I have been given this neat wooden box that says, Daddy's girl, from my wonderful class of 2007 as a gift that will hold some of my most valued memories of my dad. A couple weeks ago, I went thru boxes & boxes of letters that I had accumulated throughout the years (yes, I'm a pack-rat!) and I set aside any letter written from my dad. I had all of these letters in a pile, scattered about my end table, so tonight I thought I should go thru them and put all of them into the box. I had read each letter previously, probably about 10 times, but I wanted to read over them again tonight just to engrave his words on my heart. Well the miraculous thing was, as I was going thru each letter, I came across an envelope that had, Britt, written on the front- I don't recall this letter ever being in my pile, but tonight it faithfully found its way, it says:

Britt,
Here's hoping you are having a great time. Just want to drop you a note to tell you I LOVE YOU & MISS YOU VERY VERY MUCH. YOU ARE SPECIAL to me. I really appreciate you as a daughter and as a person who has a very good heart. I want to encourage you to keep the high morals I know you have, you'll never be sorry. Also Britt it makes me proud when so many people tell me how much they think of you & how beautiful you are, and you are georgeous. So have a good time & enjoy and I'll see ya when you get home. Be careful sweetheart.
LOVE YA,
Dad

Can I just say that I've never heard of a more awesome God than the God I serve.. And that God could not have blessed me with a more perfect father than the one He chose just for me. When I read this letter, many thoughts go thru my head. Is he telling me to have a good time on this Earth and to enjoy life? Yes:)!! And when he wrote this, did he mean home as in his home in heaven??? He might've not meant that at the time, but what's awesome is that it serves the same purpose, since his home is in heaven now. This letter could not have been written more perfectly- my dad's heart shines thru in everything he wants to get across to me. He loves and misses me, I'm special to him, he appreciates me, he sets standards for me, he encourages me, I'm beautiful in his eyes, he's proud, enjoy life, he'll see me in heaven, and to be careful- not just physically, but also spiritually. I don't know if anyone else could have written a more beautiful letter to me!!!

My dad is and forever will be My Everything. He was never 'just a father' to me, but everything: my strength, my inspiration, my success, my hope, love, faith, laughter, seeker, & encourager. But just because he is no longer here on this Earth, does not mean that these characteristics will be of a limited amount. All I have to do is look in the mirror (I have the Miller hair; his nose), re-run his memories that are locked in my heart, sort thru my beloved Daddy's girl box, or simply just....REMEMBER.

I'll see ya when I get home, daddy.
All my love...
~JM~

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You should be so thankful that you are a pack rat! Just think, you have all that to look at and remember him by...I know, it won't be the same and that it never will be, but you should take that as a comfort. You are so strong and an awesome person and you will get through things in time. I am thinking of you, your mother, and the girls always...you're always in my prayers as well.

Alyssa said...

i knew that box would come in handy. i cried when i made it, cried when i thought how much you would like it, & now i'm cryin cuz you're using it for everything that it's worth!! haha. keep him in your heart & your little box. AND ALWAYS KNOW, we are all here for you. love you

Courtney Pruett said...

Hey britt....its corky...Courtney Pruett. This is probly one of the hardest times of my life 2... and britt u are BEAUTIFUL...when i c u i can see you dad..u r so awsome..u take good care of your 3daughters... (beetle, mom, bri) They need u with them. we love u... we are always there for u maria mike damon makenna and me! we love u and your family...