Saturday, November 15, 2008

Go rest high on that mountain...

Today is mom's 45th birthday (I know she would kill me if she read this!) and we are without you... Dad- you would be sooo thrilled to have seen Briona & Baleigh's first basketball games. When I watch them out there- I see you. Briona is your aggressive one, she was the one you would always see all over the floor. You wouldn't believe how tall she is getting, she's gonna be the all-star you always dreamed about!! Baleigh, my goodness, you wouldn't have recognized her from last year's games. She is your scorer- she made the first basket at the game this morning and her confidence is finally becoming visible. I hope you know how much you are in them while they're out on the floor- I told them to play for daddy, and that's exactly what they are doing! I hope Jesus gave you a little peak this morning- it would give you that much more to praise Him for... even though you already are:) God blessed our family so much while you were still here on Earth. I wish with all of my heart that we could go back, just for a day, to see how much we really had together. But, I guess that is the beauty of heaven... when our family gets to be together again. I've never felt this much pain, daddy. I always thought it was the end of the world when I had a broken heart from a boy or a friend... but nothing compares to this!! Even though you are gone, you still give me inspiration. I see all of the lives you touched and it puts me in awe. You were really something:) I know you were always the one to say this, but I am so proud of you, dad- for living life to its fullest and for making me who I am today.










We got a surprise this week.. 4 Colts tickets for tomorrow!!! We all get to re-live your last day, and guess what else, our seats are the exact seats you got to sit in!! I know it's going to be so hard tomorrow, but I will lean on God's understanding and not my own.

My prayer for tomorrow is this: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13



Go rest high on that mountain

Son, your work on Earth is done

Go to heaven a shoutin'

Love for the Father & the Son...




All my love, daddy...










3 comments:

Ali Gish said...

Oh Britt, my eyes tear up reading this! Know that we are still praying for you and think of you!! Have tons of fun at the game!! (That is so neat!) Love you girl!

Hope Loves U Jim said...

awe britt don't make me cry i love you soo much

Love,
Hope

The Lengachers said...

uBritt, how amazing it is to read your blog every day. You are such an inspiration, I was so glad to hang out with you last night (I hope you had as much as I did) Your daddy is so proud of the person you are and the person you are becoming. You will be in my thoughts tomo, go cheer on them Colts for dad! Love you so much.